Friday, October 31, 2008

Oximoron: College

Going into college I was told it would be the time of my life, the best years I would ever have, live it up because it is the last time I get to be a 'kid'. Although all of these are true, they also forgot to mention that it will be the most stressful time of my life.

Since being here I have successfully or unsuccessfully, depending on how you look at it, failed my third exam since being here. I am in the process of dropping my second class, and I want to cry every time I come to my dorm and look at all the homework that I have to do. Granted I'm not the best at time management, but mathematically I often wonder where our professors think we can find the time we need to adequately study for all of our classes, sleep, eat, and have a slight semblance of a social life.

When I got my grade for my last test back I wanted to cry. I have tried so hard on all of these and my work has yet to show off. And to top it all off, I am an easily discouraged person and this isn't helping to make me want to try harder.

This whole college thing is kind of starting to get hard. Its not the balancing thing it an emotional thing, if that makes sense. There are times that I just want to have my best friends with me so that I can hug them. I just want to talk to me best friend and cry. This is all just starting to get to me. There are times that I don't think I can handle it all. I just want some familiarity in my life and right now it is really hard to get.

No comments: