Wednesday, October 29, 2008

With Space comes great disagreements

Going in to college I was really excited to room in a quad. I figured that I would make three new friends and have a lot of extra space that I otherwise wouldn't have had. The downfall to this amazing plan was...personalities.

I figured that going into college everyone would be studying hard and partying harder...but not my roommates. I have one roommate that I get along with the best, she studies yet she likes to go out and have an equally enjoyable time...not my other two roommates. One constantly comments on how the other has no friends...yet she, herself, has only her one friend, that she went to highschool with. These two roommates are constantly in our room. One is either napping or the other is watching the tv at a ridiculously high decibel.

*side note* My friends would constantly joke that I have asian ears. Basically me and my mom would sit in our living room watching tv with the volume down and when people come in they never know what we are laughing about because the tv would be down so low.

Back to the story. I have two friendless roommates that have no social life.

The reason why I am saying this is because of a blowout that me and one of my roommates had yesterday. I had a friend over studying and I had the music on my alarm clock down really low. Basically if two people were talking you couldn't hear the music. My roommate walks into the room and starts talking to one of my other roommates. I am totally fine with this because it is there room too. But then she starts talking about how she has to watch this one show at three and she can't miss it and then she just started to get really obnoxious. Finally I told her to grow up and that she should study instead of complaining about failing classes.

All I am asking for are you to be courteous when others are trying to study. There are times that I come into the room and everyone is studying and all I want to do is watch tv, so what do I do? I go under my bed and watch a movie on my computer. I occupy myself quietly so I don't disturb others.

No comments: